How it Works
The Tip Card is a mobile app built for the iPhone that allows users to rate their server experience at a restaurant.
Have you ever left a tip for a server, but also wanted to express your happiness, or unhappiness, at the service they provided? Well now you can. The Tip Card is a vehicle to provide your rating of a server and let others know about it, helping your friends steer clear of a restaurant or a particular server, or encourage them.
The restaurant experience is based on six major interactions with your server. At each of these points we ask you to rate your server’s performance, which results in a total score, which you can then use to calculate tip.
- Login through your existing foursquare account, or create a new account through Tip Card.
- Locate the restaurant you dined at using GPS in your iPhone.
- Enter the date, time and server’s name.
- Rate your server based on six major contact points with your server.
- Add any comments.
- Your rating is uploaded to our database for other users to view.
- We also provide a helpful tip calculator which can guide your tipping procedure.
Other features include:
- Share your ratings with your friends.
- Automatically checkin through foursquare when you rate a server.
- Share your rating on Twitter or Facebook.
- Share your comments through foursquare’s “to do.”
- Search for a restaurant in your are by proximity or cuisine.